Three Days, (8, 9 & 10 January 2021), Yoga Conference 2021 - योग शास्त्र संगमं (Yoga Sastra Sangamam) by Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari, on the banks of the three seas, is a unique confluence of Yogic knowledge. The Yoga Sastra Sangamam is a National Conference on Yoga, distinctly different from the usually held Yoga conferences and seminars. The Sangamam is devoted to the Yoga Sastra viz. Yoga texts. The Conference will focus on topics, ideas, contents, interpretations as well as practices elaborated in various Yoga Texts like – Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradeepika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, Yoga Vasistha, Vasistha Samhita etc.
Pujya Swami Haribrahmendrananda Tirtha of Adi Shankara Brahmavidya Peeth, Somashram, Uttarakashi will be in this Yoga Sastra Sangamam. He will be giving talks on Patanjala Yoga Darshana. His Divine presence and blessings will be a life time experience and an inspiration to all.
The Objective :
- To bring the pearls of Yoga Sastra close to the humanity
- To understand the Yoga Texts deeply and clearly
- To project Yoga as a tool for Man Making and Nation Building
- To inspire participants to study and understand and Practice Yoga Texts
- To develop interest in the comparative study of Yoga Texts and commonly available yoga practices
- To understand what Yoga is and How it is being propagated
Yoga Sangamam – A platform of various streams and practices, theories, concepts and ideas.
- Multi-track presentations, in English & Hindi
- Common sessions
- Questions and Answers
- Yoga practices and performances
Who can participate:
Yoga enthusiasts, Yoga practitioners, Students studying Yoga, Sanskrit teachers and professors, Yoga Teachers and Professionals, Those interested to understand the pure essence of Yoga Texts.
Contents of the Sangamam:
- Paper presentations, Poster presentations, Panel discussions
- Yoga sessions. Asana and Kriya Demonstrations
- Recitation Competition of Patanjali YogaSutras
(Minimum 50 Sutras in serial order. Winners will be awarded prizes)
Invitation for Paper presentations:
The theme and content of all paper presentations is – elaboration, discussion and understanding of Sanskrit verses from yoga texts.Papers can be in English and Hindi languages.
Papers oriented to Yoga Therapy need not be sent.
Kindly send a one page synopsis with a paragraph margin of an inch, single space between lines set to A4 size.
The synopsis should ne mailed in PDF file to – yoga [at] vkendra.org
Important Dates :
- Last date to submit the synopsis : 15 December 2020
- Last date to submit the final paper : 25 December 2020
Vivekananda Kendra, Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari
The Atmosphere :
Most beautiful, salubrious, green, natural, calm, serene and peaceful. Witness Sun Rise with Surya Namaskar and Meditation on the banks of the musical waves of the ocean.
Food and Accommodation:
Vegetarian food will be provided.
Accommodation on sharing basis is provided within the campus.
Participants’ Registration contribution:
For all : Rs. 5,000/-
For students : Rs. 3,000/-
Dormitory Accommodation (open to all) Rs. 1,500/-
You are to reach KanyaKumari by 5pm on 7 January 2021.
Last Date for Registration: 3 January 2021