Three Days, (25, 26 & 27 February 2022), Yoga Conference 2022 - योग शास्त्र संगमं (Yoga Sastra Sangamam) by Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari, on the banks of the three seas, is a unique confluence of Yogic knowledge. The Yoga Sastra Sangamam is a National Conference on Yoga, distinctly different from the usually held Yoga conferences and seminars. The Sangamam is devoted to the Yoga Sastra viz. Yoga texts. The Conference will focus on topics, ideas, contents, interpretations as well as practices elaborated in various Yoga Texts like – Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradeepika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, Yoga Vasistha, Vasistha Samhita etc. Dr Jayaraman Mahadevan, Director, Division of Textual Research in Yoga, Indic Academy will be deliberating detailed discussions on Hathapradipika during all the days of the conference.
The Objective :
- To bring the pearls of Yoga Sastra close to the humanity
- To understand the Yoga Texts deeply and clearly
- To project Yoga as a tool for Man Making and Nation Building
- To inspire participants to study and understand and Practice Yoga Texts
- To develop interest in the comparative study of Yoga Texts and commonly available yoga practices
- To understand what Yoga is and How it is being propagated
Yoga Sangamam – A common platform for various streams and practices, theories, concepts and ideas.
- Multi-track presentations, in English & Hindi
- Common sessions
- Questions and Answers
- Yoga practices and performances
Who can participate:
- Yoga enthusiasts
- Yoga practitioners
- Students studying Yoga
- Sanskrit teachers and professors
- Yoga Teachers and Professionals
- Those interested to understand the pure essence of Yoga Texts.
Contents of the Sangamam:
- Paper presentations
- Poster presentations
- Panel discussions
- Yoga sessions
- Asana and Kriya Demonstrations
- Recitation Competition of Patanjali Yoga Sutras (Any TWO Padas). Prize will be awarded to winners.
Invitation for Paper presentations:
The theme and content of all paper presentations is – elaboration, discussion and understanding of Sanskrit verses from yoga texts. Papers can be in English and Hindi languages.
Papers oriented to Yoga Therapy need not be sent.
Kindly send a one page synopsis with a paragraph margin of an inch, single space between lines set to A4 size.
The synopsis should be mailed in PDF file to – yoga [at] vkendra.org
Important Dates :
- Last date to submit the synopsis : 1st February 2022
(Confirmation of accepted papers for presentation will be informed within a week after receiving)
- Last date to submit the final paper : 15th February 2022
Vivekananda Kendra, Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari
The Atmosphere :
Most beautiful, Salubrious, Green, Natural, Calm, Serene and Peaceful. On the banks of the musical waves of the ocean. A visit to Vivekananda Rock Memorial will be arranged.
Food and Accommodation:
Vegetarian food will be provided.
Accommodation on sharing basis is provided within the campus.
Participants’ Registration contribution:
- A/C Room accommodation on sharing basis : Rs. 5,000/-
- Non A/C Room accommodation on sharing basis : Rs. 3,000/-
- Dormitory Accommodation : Rs. 1,500/-
Registration amount includes food, accommodation and conference material.
You are to reach KanyaKumari by 5pm of 24 February 2022.
Last Date for Registration: 20 February 2022