Vivekananda Kendra, conducts Yoga Shiksha Shibirs, Yoga Certificate Courses, Spiritual Retreats, Pranayama and Meditaions camps, Yoga based Personality development camps, Yoga Patimans(Yoga Modules) caterings to the needs of the various strata of the society.
The various courses conducted by Vivekananda Kendra are meant to understand the right concept of yoga, prepare and equip oneself to be an ardent practioner of Yoga with devotion and commitment, to be a good yoga instructor and a teacher to communicate the subtle depths of Yoga Vidya. Vivekananda Kendra is an Associate Institution of the Indian Yoga Association.
|Name of the Shibir||Dates||Age years||Camp Contribution||Remarks|
|Foundation Course in Yoga (Eng & Hindi)||1-May to 15-May 2022||18 to 60||₹.4,000/-||View Report|
|Certificate Course in Yoga (Eng & Hindi)||1-May to 30-May 2022
(course duration 6months)
|18 to 60||₹.10,000/-||View Report|
|Foundation Course in Yoga (Eng & Hindi)||22-Nov to 6-Dec 2022||18 to 60||₹.4,000/-||Registration|
|Certificate Course in Yoga (Eng & Hindi)|| 22-Nov to 21-Dec 2022
(course duration 6months)
|18 to 60||₹.10,000/-||Registration|
Camp Donations are non-refundable.
Medium : English & Hindi
Place : Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari
Any Physically and Mentally fit person in the age group of 18-60 years. The participant should be able to perform various Yogasanas and exercises and partake enthusiastically in Camp Schedule : morning 5am to night 10pm.
Participants should report at Shibir office one day before the camp starts i.e. 30-Apr / 21-Nov latest by 5pm and can leave only after 2pm of concluding day i.e. 15-May/6-Dec afternoon. Late reporting and/or leaving before the camp concludes are strictly not allowed.
The Syllabus :
Yoga Shiksha Shibir
- Study and Practice of Yogasanas & Pranayama
- Yogic relaxation methods, japa and techniques of meditation
- Study of Yoga Darshana & Bhagavad Gita
- Indian Culture & Life and message of great men and women of our country
- Chanting of strotras, bhajans and songs for emotional culture.
- Visits to Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Kanyakumari Temple, Marut-Malay Tracking
Yoga Certificate Course : above plus https://www.vrmvk.yoga/yoga-certificaiton-syllabus
Kindly go through https://www.vrmvk.yoga/yoga-certificaiton to get details of Yoga Certification.
Accommodation : The Camps are fully residential. Simple dormitory accommodation is provided for Ladies and Gents separately.
Food: We provide simple vegetarian food.
Weather : Kanyakumari has an excellent weather throughout the year. The summer is pleasant with just sufficient warmth and the winter is never cold. Winter clothing are generally not needed at Kanyakumari.
How to Reach?
- Vivekanandapuram is Just 1 Km. from the Kanyakumari Railway Station.
- Taxis and autos ply regularly between Kanyakumari and the campus.
- Nearest airports are Thiruvananthapuram (90km) & Tuticorin (113km).
- Vivekanandapuram is a request bus stop for all the buses entering Kanyakumari.
- Participants should bring their necessary bedding with mosquito-net, a torch light, writing materials, toiletry articles needed for entire duration of the Shibir. (only mattress will be provided)
- Prescribed dress for Yogasana Sessions: For Men: Any light colour loose T-Shirts and Track suits/Shorts For Ladies: Any light colour Salwar and Kameez i.e. Punjabi dress. Tight dress or Jeans are not allowed. Apart from Yogasana and Shramanubhava sessions shorts are not allowed for the other sessions.
- Please avoid bringing tape recorders, i pods and other valuable articles.
- Use of Mobile phones is not allowed during the camp.
- Participation in all the sessions in time is compulsory for all the participants.
- Participants should report at Shibir office one day before the camp starts latest by 5pm and can leave only after lunch on the concluding day. Late reporting and/or leaving before the camp concludes are strictly not allowed.
- Going out of the campus venue, smoking, chewing of Paan / Paan-Masala, consumption of tobacco / alcohol or any other intoxicants are strictly prohibited.
- The participants are required to walk daily about two kilometers and climb stairs upto two floors daily, within the campus for various sessions.
For successful completion of the Shibir, adherence to above instructions is necessary.
Shibir Office In-charge
Training Center, Vivekanandapuram
Kanyakumari – 629702
Phone: +91 - 4652 – 247012
E-mail: camps [at] vkendra.org